The Eastown Community Association (ECA) seeks an outstanding community organizer to help develop and augment the strength of the ECA in order to improve the quality of life for the residents, business owners, and those employed in Eastown.
- Experience in community organizing and/or 2 years of experience working in the field of community development, nonprofit management, fundraising or other relevant work;
- Knowledge of diverse cultures and ability to interact well with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback;
- Ability to identify opportunities that build leadership within the organization and within Eastown;
- Willingness to work flexible hours including 1-2 evenings per week and occasional weekends;
- Ability to develop and carry out effective fundraising and volunteer recruitment strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal skills including large group presentations and public speaking;
- Experience with using common office computer programs and databases;
- Able to set own work priorities and manage responsibilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred;
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to move into the position of Executive Director after a probationary period.